Athena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You guys need to change the 2nd amendment.

3 posters

Go down

You guys need to change the 2nd amendment. Empty You guys need to change the 2nd amendment.

Post  Zephy Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:07 pm

Seriously, it's too easy to own a gun.

I think you know what I'm talking about.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/14/shooting-reported-at-connecticut-elementary-school/?hpt=hp_t1

Zephy
Hunter

Back to top Go down

You guys need to change the 2nd amendment. Empty Re: You guys need to change the 2nd amendment.

Post  Zephy Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:41 pm

By the way, feel free to debate, but please keep it civil.

Zephy
Hunter

Back to top Go down

You guys need to change the 2nd amendment. Empty Re: You guys need to change the 2nd amendment.

Post  Kamikazex91 Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:52 pm

The 2nd Amendment says:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The Right to bear arms is more intended for self-defense purposes. It's not to assault the innocent. However, I have a feeling most abuse this and buy a lot of weapons just for " self-defense". Based on this case, the suspect seemed to be targeting his mother as the main target, but there was also an intention for mass killing.

I feel the shooter had bad influences since a little kid, such influences can be the friends he spends time with, the type of music he listens to, movies and shows he watched, shooting games, etc. The shooter may had bully problems. It's always an issue because many kids nowadays imitate the actions they see or hear regularly and it develops bad thinking pattern. In some aspects, they were not disciplined enough at a young age.

There is also an issue about mental toughness. Mental toughness is important because it trains the individual on how to act through tough times. If there was a bad experience, a mentally tough individual can take the challenge and move towards. In this case, the shooter may have been hanging too much on his past which develops into a never ending hatred and anger. This is dangerous because mentally weak individuals tend to do ridiculous and shameful things based on emotions.

I always have concerns for the future leaders. The bad influence nowadays is growing stronger. A good leader must have good thinking pattern in order to maintain stability and peace. There are too many out there who are too aggressive and it has bad effects. This is not child's gameplay because if the art of mental toughness and good thinking pattern fades away, stuff like mass killing will increase. That's why I hope students nowadays learn the deep meaning on why it's important to maintain good ethics, morals, and peace because killing is not the answer.

Kamikazex91
Kamikazex91
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephy Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:02 pm

The 2nd amendment really was meant for protection but really, who uses guns for protection anymore? Frankly, its now an excuse to get a gun.

Another question is that it's for protection. Protection from what?

Zephy
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamikazex91 Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Yes, as I mentioned, they abused the law. I'm pretty sure President Obama and his team will review the gun policy.
Kamikazex91
Kamikazex91
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephy Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:08 pm

I really like to see what the NRA has to say to this.

If the amendment was changed to allow women to vote, why can't they change the right to bear arms?

Zephy
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamikazex91 Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:15 pm

Some have been fighting for change for a very long time but no success. However, since Obama is well aware of this, I'm pretty sure he will fight for it. It bothers me so much seeing so many treating this things as nothing.
Kamikazex91
Kamikazex91
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephy Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:24 pm

Kamikazex91 wrote:Some have been fighting for change for a very long time but no success. However, since Obama is well aware of this, I'm pretty sure he will fight for it. It bothers me so much seeing so many treating this things as nothing.

The problem with Obama changing something is that he will get detractors saying he will violate the 2nd amendment deeming him "unpatriotic". Obama is in a no-win situation. He changes the law, he will get flamed to no end. He doesn't change it, then stuff like this will continue. I guess this is what the fear of the government. No matter what they do (or don't do), some people won't be happy and especially something as sensitive as the right to bear firearms.

Zephy
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamikazex91 Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Always have hope. However what you say is true.
Kamikazex91
Kamikazex91
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephy Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Kamikazex91 wrote:Always have hope. However what you say is true.

I would have to think that they will have to. I mean we have seen far too many incidents like. I mean the killer murdered children. If that doesn't warrant change, then what? Again, there are those people who will bring up the 2nd amendment as an argument.

I just don't think that amendment can be used as an argument anymore. Society has changed so much since that amendment was implemented. Sometimes they would have to step back and think this over. Who cares of the history and tradition at this point? Are they really better off leaving the whole situation as it is? I doubt it. I'm sorry but society has become sour. We can't rely on people doing the right thing anymore. I used to think that people know what is right and wrong but now, I don't feel as confident anymore. Sometimes, people need to be told on what's right and wrong now

Zephy
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamikazex91 Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:50 pm

I agree, the amendment was mostly for the British at that time. The law must be changed appropriately according to current situations.
Kamikazex91
Kamikazex91
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninjakiller Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:04 pm

it does need restrictions but i'd rather it not change if the change is drastic.

Ninjakiller
Peasant
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down